Sunday, February 04, 2007

February already.... 130 days till departure


Last June we pedaled over the summit of Mount Rose (near Lake Tahoe) and I was excited (hence the picture to the right.

This week we passed a milestone in our fundraising efforts. We passed the $10,000 mark in our fund raising efforts. We stand today at $10,880. Now the website does not reflect checks as quick as online donations but is should show there soon.

We had a good week of riding and I
started using a Garmin 305HR to record our training rides. It will keep track of elevation,distance, route, speed,weather, heart rate,and even weather.
We had some nice rides and we were very fortunate to miss the devastation of the tornadoes that passed just a few miles south of us killing 20 people.

We are now only 130 days from departure and as the picture above shows we are ready to get on the road. We made our reservations for Astoria this week and have been scouting airfares... it won't be long.

If you have not made your donation yet this is a great time to do so.Click the button on the upper left titled -- HELP the Miller's FIGHT CANCER. and make a donation online. Or you can send a check-made payable to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Be sure to put Participant ID: 150474715 in the memo so it will be counted towards our goal. Mail them to: Lance Armstrong Foundation PO Box 161150Austin, TX 78716-1150 Thanks for your support

Since you stopped by.... write a comment or ask a question....let us know you stopped by.... just click the comment below

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the trip you are planning is marvelous and I look forward to seeing the blog of it as well as the GPS track from your Garmin. Someday I hope to do a cross-country cycling trip too. I would recommend upgrading the firmware on your Edge to version 3.00, I see that motionbased.com says you have 2.30 which is really old. The new versions have improved satellite reception and accuracy and have improved stability and fixed several features. I really like my Edge and being to make my rides public with it.
Rico

Mike and Bernice said...

I just updated the firmware- thanks