Sunday, January 28, 2007

Back in the saddle

Ahhhh it felt good this week to get back in the saddle. Some skiing, rain, basketball and golf detracted from normal training recently; but our base mileage is good and sometimes cross training a bit can be healthy. Had a very nice ride yesterday on the road, 47 miles and delightful cool Florida weather. This coming week looks like a normal training week.
On Friday Derek went to the Winter Dance with his girlfriend Jenna(see pic to the right). I guess it went OK as I saw her the next day and it did not appear she had any broken toes.

Our fundraising is going well we are now over $10,800 raised. We will be in touch with the Lance Armstrong foundation as to how to raise the goal to a higher number ( I am sure they will help with that request)

It is only 137 days till we leave.

Since you visited here--- take time to jot a short (or long) comment to tell me you stopped by. Feel free to ask questions about cycling or the trip.

If you have not made your donation yet this is a great time to do so.
Click the button on the upper left titled -- HELP the Miller's FIGHT CANCER. and make a donation online. Or you can send a check-made payable to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Be sure to put Participant ID: 150474715 in the memo so it will be counted towards our goal. Mail them to: Lance Armstrong Foundation PO Box 161150Austin, TX 78716-1150 Thanks for your support

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mike, it's Michelle (Txs-4-kings). Great blog, I've put it on my favorites. I'll be making a donation. Good luck to you guys, this is a great cause. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike & Family. Ron & Barbara (Fairview 2001) dropping by to say hello. Just went to your fund raising page and did my part. I did the easy part. You get the hard part........That is a heck of a goal in miles. Best of luck..............but I know you will do it! ;-)