Sunday, January 14, 2007

Great Week of cycling

We had a great week of cycling. A good off road ride on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday Bernice and I rode 52 miles on some very pretty horse farm roads north of town. Then on Friday afternoon I headed to White Springs, FL to camp for two nights at Stephen C. Foster SP. I stopped by the Suwanee Bicycle Association to pick up some maps of good road rides in the area. They provided an excellent route. The next morning I headed out for a 48 mile ride with just my shadow for company. Bernice was doing Mom Taxi duty for Derek's basketball practices. She did get in a nice 30 mile ride in Ocala while I was riding.
If you are reading this click the comment button and let me know what you think. Feel free to ask questions - I will attempt to answer them.

Also----If you want to help (and I hope you do) -- click the button on the upper left titled -- HELP the MILLER's FIGHT CANCER. and make a donation online. Or you can send a check-made payable to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Be sure to put Participant ID: 150474715 in the memo so it will be counted towards our goal. Mail them to: Lance Armstrong Foundation PO Box 161150Austin, TX 78716-1150 Thanks for your support

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am checking in and reading your blog. Cool pic of your shadow. Hope your enjoying your time at dads.

Love Nancy

themanfromvan said...

Hi, Mike & family. I'm Dave aka themanfromvan at PopUpPortal. I am so impressed with your efforts and purpose in completing your cross country ride. Is there a way I can donate? (Other than PayPal)
I've made a post over at PopUpPortal to alert others to your Blogspot and it's purpose. You can bet I'll be checking up on you regularly as you prepare for and make your journey.
God Bless you in this endeavor.